Change of Name

If you’re considering changing your name on official documents, you will need a Change of Name Deed. In most cases, having the deed signed is sufficient, but some organisations may require it to be enrolled at the Royal Courts of Justice.

We provide change of name deeds for adults and children (under 16 – with the consent of all persons with parental responsibility) at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT.

We can prepare Change of Name Deeds for individuals looking to change their first, last, or full names.

For children under 16, we will need to establish the legal capacity for a name change. If another person has Parental Responsibility for the child, their consent is required before we can proceed with the documentation.

If the other person with Parental Responsibility does not consent, the next step would be to make an application to Court for a Specific Issue Order.

What To Do?

Please get in touch with us to arrange an appointment. We often assist individuals in urgent need of a name change, so we will endeavour to see you promptly.

You must bring the following documents:

  • Birth certificate
  • Two forms of identification – one must be a photo ID such as a passport or driving licence. The other identification should be less than three months old and show your address, such as a bank statement or utility bill.
  • If you are divorced, you must also provide your decree absolute. If you have been divorced multiple times, we will also need to see your previous decree absolutes.
  • For civil partners, we will need to see either your civil partnership certificate or dissolution certificate.

How Quickly Can You Change Your Name?

If you bring the correct documents, we aim to create the Change of Name Deed within 1 working day.

Get in Touch

Call us on 01782213666 or fill out this form

Contact us now to arrange your initial free 15 minutes consultation with our experts.